Full Job Description
Controls Software Engineer
e2Companies is a Virtual Utility™ with compliance products and services offering engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and support (EPMS) for the energy industry. We provide the most complete business model for energy, utility, industrial, and commercial customers. We are a rapidly expanding company with every opportunity to be the next Unicorn in the energy space. With this comes great opportunity for vertical progression within our company.
e2 Companies is a disruptive technology company seeking enthusiastic software controls engineer to join our experienced software design team. You will assist with all functions of controls design. Your primary focus will be to design controls for the overall architecture of the enterprise distributed power generation and energy storage system solution.
Software Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design electrical and application software for control systems that meets customer needs and is in accordance with relevant standards.
- Deliver electrical design and application software on time, on budget and on quality following the e2 project model.
- Contribute to R&D electrical design and application software for new and existing machines.
- Oversee software testing and certifications.
- Support the full value chain in all aspects related to the control system.
- Support the sales organization with consumer requirements, consumer specific solutions and cost estimates.
- Design electrical and Bill of Materials (BOM) according to sales orders, customer needs, customer requirements, and relevant standards.
- Develop application software including project related functions, modular software blocs to support generation of applications and standardized application software for options.
- Assist manufacturing by troubleshooting problems and bottlenecks, including checking product quality, identifying problems areas, and assuring product design maximizes production efficiency.
- Update project specific documentation according to e2 project models and current standards.
- Provide support to Service Technicians and/or customers, including troubleshooting, service, and spare parts.
- Drive specific department tasks (R&D), in close collaboration with other e2 stakeholders, to support future growth.
- Update and maintain documentation for functional descriptions, software modules, and Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Participate in quality improvement, cost reduction, standardization, and engineering department improvement efforts.
- Potentially up to 25% travel
- Other duties as assigned
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or automation engineering or equivalent combination of education and 5+ years’ experience.
- Requires technical knowledge of electronic systems, software development, and control strategies
- Work with development team and program leads to integrate controls software into platform
- Unit test and verify software strategies in bench and lab environments
- Provide technical support and guidance to younger engineers
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Experience/ familiarity with Genset applications
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
Here's what you get:
- Competitive Pay reflective of your skills and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off – In 2022 our employees are enjoying multiple weeks of our very own “Don’t Worry e Happy Days” in addition to PTO!
- Comfortable and relaxed office atmosphere within our Healthy Life Balance motto. We work hard and we play hard.
This position is available in the Bonita Springs, FL area. Do you want to join our fast track to success? Visit us at e2companies.com
e2Companies and is an equal opportunity employer
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Background Checks: Required
Supplement Pay Types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bonita Springs, FL 34135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Software Controls Development: 5 years (Required)
Willingness to Travel:
Work Location: One location