Full Job Description
Director - Market Operations - Network Operations Center (NOC)
e2companies is a Virtual Utility™ with compliance products and services offering engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and support (EPMS) for the energy industry. We provide the most complete business model for energy, utility, industrial, and commercial customers. We are a rapidly expanding company with every opportunity to be the next Unicorn in the energy space. With this comes great opportunity for vertical progression within our company.
e2companies is a disruptive technology company seeking an enthusiastic Director of Market Operations to support a variety of efforts critical to participation of e2companies energy assets in the different wholesale energy markets. The core responsibility will be to ensure that all assets are optimized to the fullest extent possible, and that operational processes are standardized across all markets and assets. The director of market operations will do this by having an expert level knowledge of the different markets that e2companies participate in and understand the day-to-day procedures that drives company success. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience energy market operations, asset optimization and control, and an in-depth knowledge of the energy market.
Director - Market Operations Responsibilities:
- Registering and maintaining e2companies market status. This includes PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE, ERCOT
- Registering and maintaining e2companies utility status. Currently registering with NYSEG, National Grid, Con Edison, PSEG-LI, ORU, and Central Hudson
- Setting up and training all of operations on how to utilize different utility websites including First Energy, Eversource, National Grid, NYSEG
- Developing market auction strategy to procure load in different markets that e2companies participates. Manage PJM, ISO-NE, New York, IESO, California, and MISO
- Registering assets in the different markets that e2companies participates. Manage PJM, ISO-NE, New York, IESO, California, and MISO
- Registering customers in utility programs. Specifically, New York and Ontario
- Developing the asset optimization strategy across all markets. Need to understand the regulatory, market, and units’ specifics for every asset and every market
- Determining when to, and how to settle with different markets.
- Following all rules and requirements to participate in the different markets
- Data analytics that need to take place for modeling, validations, settlements, and registrations.
- Ensuring that new customers have an interval meter installed and reading accurately by connecting utilities, and internal teams
- Maintaining and communicating directly with the ISO's/RTOs/utilities
- Market training liaison. Set up with the markets to ensure that all employees are registered and taking applicable trainings
- Assisting RFP/RFI responses from a market standpoint
- Assist in tariff analysis. Training across departments on tariff reviews
- Manage the operations projects, metering, NOC operations, and market operations information
- Understanding and relaying upcoming market regulatory and program changes that will impact e2companies operations in the markets.
- Maintaining and creating SOPs for market operations, NOC operations, and metering
- Creating different market and analytic tools that make data normalization streamlined
- Keeping economic and monthly margin files up to date
- Ensuring that all payments for projects are accurate and sent
- Ensuring NOC operators are following all manuals and SOPs.
- Lead onboarding, training, and scheduling for new NOC operators
- Monitoring the different data points in the market that cause dispatch including market loads, IMPS, and outages
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent combination of education and 10+ years’ experience in the energy industry
- Exceptional analytical, critical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills
- Strategic mindset: ability to develop and implement, then evaluate and evolve
- Strong managerial skills: managing and training analysts and support personnel to ensure deliverables are met, encouraging growth, and reinforcing culture
- Proven ability working with internal and external customers to create a positive experience
- Ability to develop strong relationships with markets and utilities
- Strong ability to collaborate and interact professionally with internal teams, management, external vendors, and utilities
- Excellent, effective oral and written communication skills with ability to present findings and recommendations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to influence others’ time management skills to deliver projects on-time
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal guidance in high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task, manage others, delegate, and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Ability to perform in-depth, high level, data analytics for multiple internal and external reasons
- Experience/ familiarity with Genset applications
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
Here's What You Get:
- Competitive Pay reflective of your skills and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off – In 2022 our employees are enjoying multiple weeks of our very own “Don’t Worry e Happy Days” in addition to PTO!
- Comfortable and relaxed office atmosphere within our Healthy Life Balance motto. We work hard and we play hard.
This position is available in the Bonita Springs, FL area. Do you want to join our fast track to success? Visit us at e2companies.com
e2Companies and is an equal opportunity employer
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Background Checks: Required
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bonita Springs, FL 34135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Energy Industry/Market: 10 years (Required)
Willingness to Travel:
Work Location: One location