Full Job Description
Environmental Compliance Specialist
e2Companies is a Virtual Utility™ with compliance products and services offering engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and support (EPMS) for the energy industry. We provide the most complete business model for energy, utility, industrial, and commercial customers. We are a rapidly expanding company with every opportunity to be the next Unicorn in the energy space. With this comes great opportunity for vertical progression within our company.
e2 Companies is a disruptive technology company seeking enthusiastic software controls engineer to join our experienced software design team. You will assist with all functions of controls design. Your primary focus will be to design controls for the overall architecture of the enterprise distributed power generation and energy storage system solution.
Environmental Compliance Specialist Responsibilities:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Comply with all applicable safety-and health related rules, regulations, and procedures
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely
- Assist Supervisors and managers with identifying compliance issues
- Responsible to ensure compliance with existing regulations and permit conditions for equipment and sites
- Prepare air permit applications
- Calculate air emissions in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain excel spreadsheets to evaluate and track all emissions points relative to permit compliance.
- Coordinate with various resources necessary to collect and maintain accurate data on air emissions.
- Prepare and submit air compliance reports, emissions inventory, fee reports to customer representatives for review, and submit to regulatory agencies.
- Serve as primary program interface and ensure prompt communication regarding emissions monitoring compliance, and regulatory changes associated with the Air Compliance Program.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of appropriate laws, statuses, regulations, policies.
- Prepare and maintain plans and procedures necessary to internally regulate activities that require compliance with air permits.
- Instruct personnel, tenants, and subcontractors of the requirements for data collection and permit compliance.
- Review projects for potential air concerns and impacts to existing air permits.
- Environmental compliance may include air emissions reporting and permit preparation, hazardous waste compliance, water and wastewater, or hazardous materials.
- The successful candidate will be trained to complete any or all of the above.
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow in the field of environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Written communication skills are essential, with technical writing aptitude a plus
- Ability to efficiently organize multiple projects to stay on project timelines
- Other Duties as assigned
Here's What You Need:
- BS/BA degree in environmental field or health and safety, related science, engineering, or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience related to air compliance including Title V permitting
- Experience interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in an environmental role.
- Well versed with air pollution control systems (CEMS) - Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems, stack testing, solid waste, storm water, air compliance, etc.
- Strong report writing skills (CEMS emissions data analysis, Title V report writing on a monthly, quarterly annual basis)
- Well versed in writing permit applications, permit modification/negotiation.
- Prior experience working with agencies (Federal & State).
- Ability to travel 10-20% of time
- Self-starter and ability to learn new skills
- Interest in regulatory compliance and laws
- Aptitude for technical writing
- Proven ability working with internal and external customers to create a positive experience
- Excellent, effective oral and written communication skills with ability to present findings and recommendations
- Desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
Here's what you get:
- Competitive Pay reflective of your skills and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off – In 2022 our employees are enjoying multiple weeks of our very own “Don’t Worry e Happy Days” in addition to PTO!
- Comfortable and relaxed office atmosphere within our Healthy Life Balance motto. We work hard and we play hard.
This position is available in the Bonita Springs, FL area. Do you want to join our fast track to success? Visit us at e2companies.com
e2Companies and is an equal opportunity employer
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Background Checks: Required
Supplement Pay Types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bonita Springs, FL 34135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Environmental: 2 years (Required)
Willingness to Travel:
Work Location: One location