Full Job Description
Network Operations Center Operator - Second Shift
Positions Needed: 3 | Shift: 5 PM – 5 AM and 5AM - 5PM| $26-$28 Per Hour
Palm Energy LLC., a distributed energy management company is seeking a Networks Operations Center (NOC) Operator to assist our Business Operations Team. The purpose of the NOC Operator position is to assist the Palm Energy Business Operations team by providing dispatch and monitoring coverage over all active Distributed Energy Resources. The NOC Operator will report directly to the Director of Business Operations.
This hourly position will play an integral role in ensuring that assets are available, and, when called upon, performing as expected. The NOC Operator must be able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced environment when activations are received.
To succeed in this position, all candidates should be able to multi-task in stressful conditions with little supervision. In addition to being an excellent communicator, the ideal candidate will also demonstrate superb technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The NOC operates 24/7/365 so scheduling flexibility is required.
Key Job Elements
- Ensure the Network Operations Center (NOC) is always staffed and on alert for activation notifications
- Respond to all dispatch/notification signals received and document all communications with dispatching entities
- Ensure all processes and procedures within the operations center are documented accurately and always adhered too
- Respond to any issues/alarms/alerts and follow-up by coordinating with the appropriate departments or field units
- Respond to queries related to any alerts, alarms or dispatch signals received
- Monitor all activated assets
- Maintain and update call logs, call records and other important documentation
- Ensuring all dispatch procedures are conducted completely and accurately and in accordance with all internal and external rules and requirements.
- Be proactive in the continued training around all active demand response programs and other demand side management mechanisms and understand the necessity of attention to detail when operating in the NOC and the integral nature of the Operations Team to achieving success as a business
- Have a strong understanding of the underlying financial ramifications of the NOC activities and ensure all Distributed Energy Resources under contract with Palm Energy are operated and monitored out of our NOC in accordance with operational expectations
- Gain and maintain expert level understanding of all deregulated electric markets and the opportunities within those markets for revenue generation or cost savings
- Support the Advisory Services Team, Sales Team and Customer Management team when needed to deliver unparalleled service to our customers.
Education / Training
- Strong technical capabilities and the ability to learn new systems and dashboards quickly
- Must be able to drive a positive culture and successful working environment
- Strong ability to problem solve and deliver in high stress, fast paced situations
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Able to work alone with minimal oversight and also work in a team setting
- Understand the financial ramifications of their role and the importance it plays to the overall success of Palm Energy
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts including weekends and holidays
- Average anticipated work week is 45 hours
- Shift will primarily be overnights. In instances where the Operator needs to cover the Network Operating Center outside of scheduled shifts, Operator will be eligible for overtime pay. Primary shift hours are from 5:00pm – 5:00am and 5:00am - 5:00pm
Here’s what you get
- Competitive Pay reflective of your skills and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off
- A very comfortable and relaxed office atmosphere within our Healthy Life Balance motto. We work hard and we play hard.
This position is available in the Bonita Springs, Fl areas. Come join our team! Visit us at e2companies.com.
e2companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bonita Springs, FL 34135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location