Full Job Description
Power Systems Engineer
e2Companies is a Virtual Utility™ with compliance products and services offering engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and support (EPMS) for the energy industry. We provide the most complete business model for energy, utility, industrial, and commercial customers. We are a rapidly expanding company with every opportunity to be the next Unicorn in the energy space. With this comes great opportunity for vertical progression within our company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Power Systems Engineer to join our experienced R&D design team. You will report directly to the engineering manager and assist with all functions of power systems design. Your primary focus will be the overall design, interconnection with customers facilities, and implementation of e2Companies’ proprietary generation system. To ensure success as a power systems engineer, you should have a good working knowledge of distributed energy systems, utility/facility connections, construction, electrical engineering design, and the ability to work in a team environment.
Power Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ability to prioritize and organize daily tasks in a constantly changing, busy environment
- Manage a portfolio of utility interconnection applications from initial submission through project closeout
- Develop integrated solutions using battery storage and microgrid generation systems including integrating controls and electrical infrastructure
- Collaborate with R&D team in performing testing, documentation, and demonstrations for potential clients. This may include hands-on assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Coordinate construction requisitions, internal approvals, site visits, final designs, and collaborate with internal and external engineering resources.
- Research and identify state of the art electrical switchgear controls and automation, generator paralleling and automatic transfer solutions
- Support the deﬁnition of the project scope and deliverables that align with the project goals and strategies across the organization
- Planning and test conceptual prototypes to conﬁrm they meet the project goals.
- Develop detailed commissioning test plan and publish test reports
- Support in conducting failure analysis, determining causes and effects, documenting reliability and maintainability trends, and identifying design improvement to prevent similar issues
- Design and draft single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, and site layouts for utility connections, electrical permits, and construction documents
- Create and review shop drawings and designs for switchgear, transformers, reclosers and other major electrical equipment
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering with focus in power systems and power electronics
- 5+ years of power system design experience in a product or project development engineering role. Proven proﬁciency with AutoCAD
- 2+ years field service preferred (Ex: military, industrial, commercial, utility, mission critical)
- Familiarity with distribution design software, National Electric Safety Code, and industry best practices
- Hands on experience with integrating battery storage or microgrid solutions into complex electrical systems is a plus.
- International Building Code, International Fire Code and other standards relevant to the industry preferred
- Knowledge of medium voltage distribution and transmission systems preferred
- Ability to establish solid relationships with key stakeholders in support of initiatives
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable using common software applications to perform routine tasks
- The ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and considerate fashion
- Possess high integrity and ethical standards
Here's what you get:
- Competitive Pay reflective of your skills and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off– In 2022 our employees are enjoying 3 weeks of our very own “Don’t Worry eHappy Days”!
- Comfortable and relaxed office atmosphere within our Healthy Life Balance motto. We work hard and we play hard.
This position is available in the Bonita Springs, FL area. Do you want to join our fast track to success? Visit us at e2companies.com
e2Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Background Checks: Required
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplement Pay Types: Bonus Pay
Job Type: Full-Time
Ability to commute/relocate: Bonita Springs, FL 34135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location