Full Job Description
R&D Software Developer
e2Companies is a Virtual Utility™ with compliance products and services offering engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and support (EPMS) for the energy industry. We provide the most complete business model for energy, utility, industrial, and commercial customers. We are a rapidly expanding company with every opportunity to be the next Unicorn in the energy space. With this comes great opportunity for vertical progression within our company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic R&D software developer to join our experienced software design team. You will assist with all functions of software coding and design. Your primary focus will be to learn the codebase, write and test code with the R&D team in product development, and contribute to the overall architecture of the enterprise distributed power generation and energy storage system solution.
To succeed as an e2 software developer, you should have a good working knowledge of basic programming languages, the ability to learn new technology quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment. Ultimately, a R&D software developer provides valuable support to the design team while continually improving their coding and design skills.
R&D Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the development manager in all stages of software design, coding, and implementation.
- Actively participating in and contributing to company development meetings, providing valuable insights and suggestions.
- Familiarizing yourself with the existing codebase, continuously enhancing your coding skills, and following best practices.
- Developing, writing, and maintaining high-quality, efficient, and scalable code for hardware devices and energy systems.
- Monitoring and optimizing the technical performance of internal systems, ensuring seamless integration and smooth operation.
- Proactively addressing requests and concerns from the development team, providing timely and effective solutions.
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from end-users regarding software functionality, usability, and performance to drive continuous improvement.
- Designing and executing development tests, including test planning for Energy Storage Systems, subsystems, and components.
- Participating in DFMEA development, coordinating DVP&R's, and managing both internal and external testing.
- Contributing to the design and development of new products, processes, and systems, while staying up-to-date with industry trends and advancements.
- Enhancing product validation methodologies, documentation, and maintenance processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Investigating root causes of failures, providing informed recommendations for corrective actions, and ensuring the implementation of necessary improvements.
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years proven experience as a software developer in hardware devices and energy systems.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as C#, C++, with a focus on embedded systems.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and tools, including Agile, Scrum, Git, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with hardware-software integration, IoT devices, and energy storage systems.
- Solid understanding of product validation, testing, and root cause analysis.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Commitment to continuous learning, staying updated on industry trends, and applying best practices in software development for hardware devices and energy systems.
Here's what you get:
- Competitive Pay reflective of your skills and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off– In 2023 our employees are enjoying 3 weeks of our very own “Don’t Worry eHappy Days”!
- Comfortable and relaxed office atmosphere within our Healthy Life Balance motto. We work hard and we play hard.
This position is available in the Bonita Springs, FL area. Do you want to join our fast track to success? Visit us at e2companies.com
e2Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Background Checks: Required
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplement Pay Types: Bonus Pay
Job Type: Full-Time
Ability to commute/relocate: Bonita Springs, FL 34135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location